He is counted in Cananea with an industrial park on a total area of 21.5 hectares. There are built in this park, 5 industrial buildings, of which 4 are currently being occupied by companies already mentioned, only one is available. HistoriEl territory now occupied by the municipality was originally a rancheria inhabited by the pimas that gave the obedience to the Spanish authorities in the mid-17TH century. According to data collected at the site, the word Cananea comes from two Apache voices: can which means meat and efa which means horse.
The colonial development of Cananea was influenced by the nearby missions of Arizpe, Santa Maria and Cocospera. In the middle of the century XIX Cananea becomes part of the province of Sonora, becoming a real de minas. On 30 September 1899, William Cornell Greene constitutes and logs the company The Cananea Consolidated Copper Company, S.A. known as 4-C. With this fact starts consolidating and the modern era of the Cananea mining is undertaken. Its decision to think big in coupled with its ability to organize and direct businesses, helped lay the foundations for modern takeoff of mining in this great mining centre.
Cananea is constituted as municipal seat on 8 November 1901, the Township was a dependency of borders, until by Decree of October 31, 1901 was awarded the category of municipality. 1O. 1625 June took place the largest strike recorded in the mineral. Strikers wore the national flag and a banner with a ticket of five weights, quantity that was requested minimum wage. This strike is regarded by historians as the beginning of the Mexican Revolution. On 31 October 2001 moved to Cananea temporarily the residence of the powers of the State and is declared Capital of the free State and sovereign of Sonora on the occasion of the celebration of the 100th anniversary of its founding city.